Friday, January 25, 2013

Travel Day 1

We woke up from our 4 hrs of slumber around 4:00 am and enjoyed a nice hot shower. We woke the kids at 6:00 and by 6:15 I told Brad, "we gotta get out of here". I knew I would break down at any minute and I just needed to kiss the kids and say bye. Kyrie shed some tears but I think they were partly drama. We don't think Brooks grasps fully what is happening. He was content with a TV show and a promise of fruit snacks.

Once at the airport we were showered with texts and even a call from a dear friend who prayed over us via phone. Poor Brad was squished in our little puddle jumper to Newark. He is praying the seats are bigger on the flight to Hong Kong.

We leave in an hour and then will spend 14 hrs in the air. It is truly surreal that this day is finally here

No comments:

Post a Comment