Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day

What a difference a year makes.  I spent last Mother's Day in a sea of emotions.  We had just begun our adoption process but, had not yet been matched.  I knew in my heart that I had a baby out there waiting for her mommy. (I now know she was only 6 months old and had already spent 5 months in an orphanage)  It was hard knowing she was somewhere alone just waiting and I couldn't hold her on a day we are supposed to celebrate our children.  Brad surprised me that day with one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received.  He painted Chinese symbols on canvases that read Faith, Love, Family, Happiness and Baby.

This year is so much more joyful. Not only am I holding my new daughter but, she and I have taken our first solo trip to visit my mom.  What a joy it is to be together at this special time.


                                   Self-Portrait on the plane
 
                                          Ladies who Lunch
At lunch today my mom and I talked about Olivia's birth mom. We wonder what her story was, why she had to say good bye.   How hard it must have been after feeling her move in her tummy, giving birth and looking into her beautiful soulfull eyes then having to walk away. I pray today and always that somehow she is at peace and knows how loved "our" daughter is.  I am so grateful that she chose life and that by her brave choice I get to be this precious child's mom. What a honor! 


I am missing my other two babes terribly but with Ky being 5 and Brooks 3 dates don't mean much. Mother's Day in the Sund house will be next weekend. My big girl and I are looking forward to Mother daughter pedicures.

Blessed to be called their mommy
 All of my loves

No comments:

Post a Comment