Thursday, June 5, 2014

Fit For A Princess

When Olivia first came home she slept in the sitting room of our Master. About three months later she moved into Brooks's room and he got the bonus room. We never decorated her room because we wanted to wait until she was ready for a big girl bed and until she was ready to let us know her likes and dislikes. 

I have been collecting treasures for her room since before she came home. I wasn't sure how it would all come together.  But, I must say I am in love and so is Olivia. 

When we gave her the big reveal she said "Thank you mommy I princess" "This is the best day ever. ". 

She refers to this as her Belle bed. It's the only new furniture in her room. A spray painted Ikea bed. The book shelf was a yard sale find. 


Olivia calls this her "Belle bed".  Belle is her favorite princess. 
   

This was made by a friend of mine for Olivia's birthday. 


                                 

This beautiful verse was given to us by a friend when we were waiting for Olivia. 


The art is actually wrapping paper I bought the Christmas we were waiting for Olivia. It was the color inspiration for the room.



Our girl asked for orange walls.  I couldn't bring myself to grant that wish for her.  But, I am delighted that she is happy and her new room is the perfect accent to her contagiously vibrant personality. 

2 comments: