Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Happy Ending to a Rough Week

Thank you for those that have been praying for us this week.  We have felt the prayers.  Our sweet guy is doing so much better but, as I have told many of you we are taking it all minute by minute.  I had the opportunity to enjoy a mommy son date with him this morning and he was very proud to start soccer last night.  His spirits are most definitely raised and on Thursday I heard him tell Olivia "I love you" for the very first time.

 Feeling a little shy at first but, daddy was to the rescue

 
So thankful she loves the Ergo.  It makes 3 days of soccer a week much more manageable.

We continue to notice amazing changes in our newest princess each day.  I wanted to do a quick update so I don't forget all of the small things we have noticed recently.

- At Kyrie's soccer practice Olivia noticed her daddy from across the field and waved "hi dada".  So amazing since we drove separately and she noticed him from a distance and out of context of home.

- At the same practice she was playing a bit away from me and a stranger got too near so she ran to me with arms up to be held!  HUGE attachment progress!

- She now clearly says "All done" at the end of a meal rather than whining.  Also, sometimes isn't in the mood to eat which is so normal for a toddler.

- Mostly sleeps through the night with an occasional need for a quick pat on the back.  Bummer is she is waking up at 5-5:30am.

- Had a kidney ultrasound this week and all was normal!  Huge praise.  Sometime there are kidney issues with microtia.  On a side note she was a total celebrity at the hospital and waved to everyone.  The nurses thought she was the cutest thing ever and I have to agree.  Poor girl was so traumatized she shut down and slept for 1.5 hrs after.

-Woke up after nap this morning and I had left with Brooks.  She was FINE with her daddy!

- When she is upset she cries "mama mama mama" over and over.  I never thought those sounds would be so beautiful.

Playing with silly Brooks and Ky who were in the pack n play
 Some of our sweet friends with Willette's gave Liv this purse.  They didn't even know about the symbols of lady bugs and China adoption. So so perfect and she LOVES it!
 Love how Ky's mouth is open too


And here are some photos of my beauties playing in their outfits from my talented friend Amy at Stitching Barefoot.






No comments:

Post a Comment