Thursday, June 13, 2013

Beautiful Things

This Song has been running through my head lately.  I think of it when I see Olivia's beauty both her external beauty and internal beauty unfold. 

Our God truly does "make beautiful things out of dust".

As I have said many times I believe Olivia was well taken care of and loved before she was ours.  Because of this I have made an effort to stay in touch with her orphanage since we brought her home.  In  my most recent email to them I used google translate to ask them to please send any baby photos of her that we hadn't seen yet.  We were blessed with 13 new photos of our girl.  As my fellow adoptive parents know these photos are prices less.

I looked at them and couldn't help but be emotional.  They look nothing like my daughter.  Her eyes are empty and hallow, she is expressionless, tiny and has a shaved head.  
 
 
This is probably the earliest photo we have of Olivia.  Based on the length of her hair I think it was before her referral photo was taken.  This was most likely taken one year ago, in June 2012.
 
This is the same outfit she was wearing in her referral photo so most likely taken on the same day in July 2012.
 
 

 


                                               "Beautiful Things out of Dust!"
Just one year after the first photo was taken.  Here is our gorgeous, happy, expression-filled, life filled, loved daughter, treasured sister today!
 






 

8 comments:

  1. precious. I hope Anderson likes older girls ... does she need a boyfriend? I think he'll be pretty low maintenance in that department for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anderson and Cannon are gonna have to duke it out. Girl has the boys lining up already. I think it's her booty shaking ability ;)

      Delete
  2. I actually gasped when I saw her with her shaved head. Baby boo. But it does look like she was well cared for as much as possible. The transformation is amazing. You're doing amazing (and amazingly difficult) work with her. Well done mama!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Shaved head is sad. Thankfully the sunshine is helping her hair grow at rapid speed. Gonna need bob advice from A.W. soon.

      Delete
  3. Oh I love this post!!!! She has changed so much and she is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's gonna look amazeballs with a bob!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that took my breath away a little when I saw that first picture of her from a year ago. What an incredible change in your girl! I feel like that with Hannah sometimes, like I'm actually watching her come to life. It's hard to describe until you've seen it, but it's so amazing! What a sweet and beautiful girl you have there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, You are so right. It is truly amazing to see changes each day. I often wonder if she ever showed her personality to her caregivers or if it was all locked up and waiting for us.

      Delete